Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Time to Dance

If you've followed me for awhile, you might remember this post.
Over 800 people showed up to and became bone marrow donors that day, and over 100 more at a second donor drive held a few months later.
But a good match was never found. After a risky operation, fervent prayers from thousands of people, and a long hard battle, Kelsey is finally whole again and I guarantee that she is dancing in the presence of Jesus. If you want to know the more in-depth and detailed story, you can read it here.
No, we weren't really close friends, but Kelsey has always inspired me. She taught me the best way to eat cheesecake. She was one of my favorite people to dance with, and I think you'll be able to tell why just by reading what she has written on her Facebook.

Hi the names Jo, Kelsey Jo. Most ppl talk/brag about themselves in this section. Instead there is something much more important. Yes, my life story entails pain, tragedy, extreme dissapointment, terror, variable exhaustion w/ tests, and one of the rarest diseases known to man, etc, etc. But why put those negative, abysmal stories in here??? What people should take away from hearing about me is what the Lord had done in and through me. Instead I could tell you many stories of CONQUERING situations of Life VS Death through the power of Prayer and extreme Perseverence. And Enduring countless Hours of testing and waiting, by a Peace that surpasses all understanding.. Or Bearing (my)daily debilitating routine through patience and self control. Life with God has been ROUGH, He never promised it would be easy("my yolk is heavy but my burden is light"), YET He did say He would NEVER LEAVE me. But if I had to live this life WITHOUT Him, I would NOT have LIVED to see my 10th birthday!
Indeed my God is an awesome God! He sees me in my need, and meets me in my need! Thank you Jesus for your blood that covers all my sins! I did not deserve this, but yet you love me, no matter what!
Yahweh He is, alpha(the beginning) and omega(the end) He is! Omniscience(all knowing), omnipotent(all powerful) and omnipresent(all present) He is! He is my comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength!
Many pity me for my sufferable time here on this earth, but I say you should be pitied for you do not have eternity in heaven! -- "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13,14... THIS IS THE WAY I LIVE ... Still don't understand why I am the way I am... "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
I will say it again, this is my life verse!
I refuse to get stuck in ANY generational ruts, or be identified by any label other than a Jesus lover. I WILL help change this world. "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:10,11.
This is MY MISSION... To save the world! But lets not confuse, I will do it by His bidding... I am a mere mortal, a human being, I have no power. I am powerless. But through Him I can move mountains. I am Kelsey, truth chaser, blood bought, world changer, prayer warrior, devil stomper, sin killer, Jesus lover, daughter of God!


There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about whether Kelsey accomplished her mission. She absolutely did. She did change the world.
No, I don't know why this had to happen. I don't know why she had to suffer so much. I don't know why she had to die. I don't know why she wasn't healed. But I do know that now she isn't in pain anymore. She doesn't have to wear duct tape on her fingers anymore. She doesn't have to be careful about what she is eating anymore. She gets to sing and run and jump and praise the Lord!
Ecclesiastes 3 says that there is a time for everything. For us left on this earth, it is a time to mourn. But for Kelsey, it's an eternity to dance.

No comments: